Monday 22 September 2008

Dead Leader Running!

I remember watching a talk entitled 'Dead Leader Running' a while ago (I think it was on one of the Willow Creek Leadership Summits). Anyway, the title of that talk couldn't be more appropriate - That is me, right now - a dead leader running. If I was a motor car, you'd have to push me to the petrol station, cos I am out of gas! Tomorrow's leave can not come fast enough.

The one thing that struck me about the leadership talk was how many of us minister out of places of tiredness. I wonder how much more effective our ministries would be if we genuinely rested and took a sabbath? I know that in my life, the most powerful and focused sermons I have preached, have come out of times of rest. It is in these times that the Lord really restores my soul and speaks new 'words' into my spirit.
Life gets the better of us and before we know it we need to pull over for a while - the rest and recharging is vital for our lives.

As I spend a few days on leave, I pray that my "soul would catch up with my body" and that I would be revitalised for the final months of 2008. They are going to be huge months, filled with many awesome and challenging events. Lord I place myself into your hands.

God Bless. Living in Grace,
Delme

2 comments:

Tyron Bache said...

Hey man, your blog is awesome,
Good job on the revamp!
I am a follower of you..
your post is so true, being tired has sucked the enthusiasm out of any message I have wanted to share with the young guys. I must admit though and give testimony to the times when I have felt tired or otherise before a message and the Holy spirit has just lifted me, I have only ever found that lift through prayer, before and after my ramblings, it's a constant reminder that I am only strong when it's God's strength not my own. Have a well deserved rest.
You are awesome. The work you do is appreciated!

Delme Linscott said...

Thanks Ty
You rock dude! Keep walking with the Lord and together you can change the world. Thanks for the encouragement and for making ministry a pleasure.
God Bless,
Living in Grace,
D3LM3