Tuesday 17 February 2009

Perhaps Today?

What do you do when you get a friend dropping by unannounced? Do you frantically try and clean up a few 'stray' things that are lying around the house or do you just take it all in your stride and welcome your guest/friend? Mart De Haan has a sign in his office with 2 simple words on it 'Perhaps Today!' It is a reminder to himself that Today could be the day that Jesus returns and so he needs to be ready. Not only should we be ready for this moment, but I want to live each day as it were my last - making the most of it. "You also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect." (Matthew 24:44) As we go about our daily tasks today remember to cover all you do in GRACE.
Live it!
D3LM3

1 comment:

Tyron Bache said...

Good one man, makes me think of that verse in James we are all but a mist... our time is short so we better make the most of it! how much more would I get done if this were my last day? what would I choose to do?