Friday 22 May 2009

Expressing our deepest Gifts


We human beings are never happier than when we are expressing the deepest gifts that are truly us - Os Guiness
This quote is in John Eldredge's book 'Desire' and it really resonates with me this week. I think it is because last week I had to do a lot bunch of things that were not exactly contributing towards my desire for ministry and serving God (i.e - Church Synod!) On the other hand, I have had a few gaps this week to pursue some of the things that really energise me in my calling. I have felt as if I have been 'expressing the deepest gifts God has given me' and it has left me feeling truly happy. There is an overwhelming peace, joy and satisfaction in moving in time with God.
If you have a chance this week - do what you are passionate about - what God has laid upon your heart - what he has called you to and what you believe will make a difference in the lives of others. There is nothing sweeter than that.
Be Blessed, my friends.
Grappling with Grace - but living in it's afterglow.
D3LM3

No comments: