Saturday 25 July 2009

I'll get back to you!


I have been trying to get some information out of a local business for the past week - nothing complicated just a simple answer to a simple question. Anyway on 3 occasions I have called them and after they have not been able to help me they have said: "I'll get back to you!"

I am sure you have heard the same thing before. Needless to say they never "got back to me" - not even once. I had to phone day after day and still they had no answer!

Anyway, despite my obvious irritation, I was reflecting on how many times I have said the same thing to God. "Lord, not right now - I'll busy, but I'll get back to you!" And in the rush of life I have not got back God as soon as I had promised.

I wonder how God feels about my well-meaning "I'll get back to you?" Mmmh, probably a little disappointed too, I guess. Thankfully He is full of Grace and He has much more patience with me than I had with the business.

If you have moment read - 2 Peter 3:9

May you rest in His patience, understanding & Grace,
D3LM3

1 comment:

Tyron Bache said...

simple but hectic message thanks D