Tuesday 14 July 2009

On which road?


I have been reading a little of Eugene Peterson's 'Christ Plays in Ten Thousand Places' - it is a great book. Here is an awesome thought from it:

"The End of all Christian belief and obedience, witness and teaching, marriage and family, leisure and work life, preaching and pastoral work is the LIVING of everything we know about God: life, life and more life. If we don't know where we are going, any road will get us there. But if we have a destination ... there is a well-marked way, the Jesus-revealed Way."

This is not a new concept to many of us, but I want to suggest that it needs to become something that we wake up to every morning afresh - if I have no clue where I am going, then I can choose just to stay on the 'train' and sure enough I will reach the end, just like billions of others. But, I don't want to be an idle passenger, like the masses. With Christ's prompting, I want to choose my destination and then to consume every waking moment making the journey 'remarkable.'

May we all choose the Grace filled path today.

It's a pleasure walking the journey with you.

D3LM3

No comments: