Monday 13 July 2009

Right Perspective


I have to confess something....
...it is sad to say, but there are not many times when I get amped by singing Hymns (that is bad for a minister to confess - pray for my soul). So yesterday, it came as a great surprise to me that God spoke clearly to me, whilst singing a Hymn in the morning service. The Hymn is a very well known one (Crown Him Lord of All) and I must have sung it loads of times, but it was two lines in verse 5 that really spoke to me...
"Go, spread your trophies at his feet,
And Crown Him Lord of all."
(Edward Perronet)

The message is clear in these few words - what we gain in this life (trophies, material gains, recognition etc) all count for zero when put in the proper perspective. This is the whole 'casting crowns' idea (which is also from a Hymn by the way - wow). When we place these things before God they are dwarfed by His Glory and Awesomeness.

So, go and spread your trophies at His feet - let's get our perspective right today.

God, your Grace stops you laughing at my feeble attempts at Glory - my tiny trophies are nothing compared to your incomparable riches, yet you still call me 'your Child.'

Grace blows me away again!
D3LM3

No comments: