Saturday 15 August 2009

How do you handle criticism?


Being involved in the lives of people means that we open ourselves up to criticism. I am not sure how you handle criticism, but I tend to dwell too much on it at times -although I am getting a little more 'thick skinned'. Here are some words to inspire you in the times when you get unfair criticism:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena...who, at best, knows in the end the triumph of great achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly. So that his place will never be with those cold timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

May Christ give us the freedom to move on from 'criticism.'

Exploring the depths of His GRACE,
D3LM3

2 comments:

Jenny Hillebrand said...

Thank you. I'm going to save that quote!

Anonymous said...

Brim over I acquiesce in but I contemplate the collection should acquire more info then it has.