Friday 14 August 2009

Promise after the challenge


This is my last post on Contentment for a while - I promise!

In Hebrews 13, Paul writes:
"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”
So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" (v.5-6)

We often freely quote the last part of this passage without putting it in context. God promises us that He won't abandon us & so we don't have to be afraid. However, we mustn't forget that this promise comes after his challenge to be content with what we have.

Challenge: What are you feeling most discontent about today?

'For richer or poorer,' God will be alongside us. Have a blessed weekend.

Sustained by Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: