Sunday 16 August 2009

Restless Heart


Another one of my favourite quotes comes from St. Augustine. Trying to understand the 'God-shaped' vacuum that he felt rested in the spirit of every person, he wrote:

"Our hearts are restless until they find their rest in thee, O Lord."

This was certainly true in my life. I looked everywhere for things or people to fill this void in my life. I was restless and dissatisfied. It was only when I surrendered my struggling heart into the hands of God, that the restless began to subside. I would be lying if I said that there is no more struggling in my life, however I feel that the 'restlessness' I now feel is more for the things of God and not running from him.

Is your heart still restless?
Remember that it is Grace that brings us home.

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: