Monday 3 August 2009

Where's Wally?


Ok, I admit it, I am now hooked on finding Wally? If you don't know what/who I am talking about, please humour me - the rest of you know exactly what I am on about.

Actually, I blame my kids. Declan brought the book home from school and asked me to help him "find Wally." So we now all pour over the pages of the book trying to find Wally, Wenda, Woof & Odlaw, amongst hundreds of other characters. Some of them are clearly not Wally, but there are always a few pretend 'Wally's' - they look similar, but if you look closely you can tell that they are really imposters.

"Where's Wally" can be a little like trying to discover God, at times. There are certainly many 'imposters' out there, trying to get us to give them our allegiance, but there is only one God. The Bible points out that God is not trying to hide from us, but that He wants us to find Him.

"Therefore let everyone who is Godly pray to you while you may be found; surely when the mighty waters rise, they will not reach him." - Psalm 32:6

"God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us." - Acts 17:27

As Paul Baloche wrote - "Open the eyes of my heart Lord, I want to see Jesus."

This is my prayer for this week - that I may find Jesus amongst the hundreds of other distractions in my world.

Grace to you,
D3LM3

No comments: