Friday 11 September 2009

Inspiring Prayers


There have been many inspiring prayers written over the years, but I would love to hear which prayers are meaningful for you. The Serenity Prayer still ranks as one of my best - simple, but profound...

"God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference."

-Reinhold Niebuhr

If you have a moment forward me your thoughts on your best prayers.

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

Prayer:
Lord, we pray for the families of the innocent victims of 9/11. We also pray for the families of innocent men, women and children killed in America's war on Terror. Lord, war is so senseless. Teach us to build bridges through love, rather than seeking revenge. Jesus, we long for your peace. Amen.

No comments: