Saturday 3 October 2009

Childhood memories


Yesterday we cut the lawn at home - don't you just love the smell of freshly cut grass? Every time I catch a whiff of a lawn that has just been cut I am transported back to my childhood - actually more specifically back to junior school. Freshly cut grass speaks to me of fridays and freedom. Why, you maybe asking? Well, the school lawn was always cut on fridays and I distinctly remember walking out of school, for the weekend (i.e. Freedom) with that smell in my nostrils.

What childhood memories do you have? I would love to hear your stories, so if you have moment send me a mail or comment.

By the way, I think Jesus had many childhood memories - playing with his siblings, working with Joseph in the workshop, listening to the Scriptures read in the Synagogue and many more.

Luke 2:52 - "And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men."

Look forward to reading your stories.

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: