Monday 5 October 2009

Fruitcake and Ice Cream


I have just finished watching the 'Fruitcake and Ice Cream' DVD by Louis Giglio. Wow, it is amazing. I have to admit that it brought a tear to my eye. I don't want to spoil it for you if you haven't watched it, but it is essentially about Grace.

It is amazing how many people feel that they don't deserve to be loved (or can't be loved by God), yet God treats us very differently. The DVD covers the story of a young student Ashley who believed that she was too much of a freak/sinner to be loved by God, yet through the love of her flatmate (nicknamed 'Fruitcake'), Ashley finds Christ in a powerful way.

Check out this brief review of the DVD - http://bit.ly/ixUSl

Romans 5:8 - "While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

This DVD reminded me again of why I want to 'Live in Grace' - there is no other way!

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

P.S. Louis Giglio is one of the leaders who head up the "Passion" events. Check out their blog http://268generation.com/blog/

No comments: