Friday 27 November 2009

God is Greater


This week has brought it's own share of issues for me to face. Some of them have been easy to deal with, whilst others will still need more time and prayer! These 3 words have been ringing in my spiritual ears all week - "God is Greater!" (1 John 3:20)

In the next chapter, John adds these words - "Greater is He who is in me, than he that is in the world.”1 John 4:4

I see these words as a Promise - they give me hope. They remind me that what you and I face, may be difficult and perplexing, but God is Greater than these things. If I don't believe in this, then where do I turn? If the Lord can't stand alongside us and help us to defeat the 'giants' before us, then where is my hope?

When Elijah taunted the prophets of Baal, it was because he knew that God was Greater!

When David walked out to meet Goliath, it was because he knew the same thing to be true.

When Daniel refused to bow to a foreign king, he understood the same truth.

When you face your challenges today - what will go through your mind?
I am defeated? OR 'God is Greater!?'

Grace and peace
D3LM3

P.S. - Have a look at the photo and remind yourself of the 'greatness' of God.

No comments: