Wednesday 11 November 2009

Remember


At 11:11 on this the 11th day of November I will pause and Remember!

If ever there is a 'Rogue Wave' that sweeps over humanity, it has to be during times of war and conflict. My late grandfather left his family to fight in North Africa, during WW2. I am alive today, only because his life was spared - I am one of the 'lucky' ones.

I have never been to war, but I understand that millions of people have sacrificed their lives to try and make this world a better place - I am grateful for their sacrifice. However, it doesn't change the fact that, in times of war, families are torn apart, cities are destroyed, evil is let loose! And all of this in the name of 'Power' & 'Pride.' Make no mistake, in my opinion, War is only the result of the 'Pride of humanity.' Pride gives way to arrogance, which ultimately ends up in Dictatorship.

Shane Claiborne writes - "Strength and pride, men and swords ... dangerous things, aren't they?"

The tragedy is that millions of innocent people die as they are caught in the middle of the games of politicians. The past hundred years are a reminder of this! War has ravaged every continent on our globe!

I still believe that until humans turn our attention to the 'real war' that rages in our hearts, we will fight our other battles in vain. It is the 'sin' in my heart that causes me to wage war against my brother and sister. Jeremiah puts it like this:
Jeremiah 17:9 - "The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?"

However, today I will remember that Jesus Christ died on the cross, to stop the enemy of sin waging war on my soul. Jesus has become my victor - he fought the battle and has gained the victory for all of us. Now that is something worth remembering.

Today I will also choose to Remember...
...what my family have done for me.
...my loved ones who have passed away.
...how blessed I am to have an awesome wife and 3 fantastic sons.
...to be thankful in all things.
...to enjoy living in Freedom.
...to live today as if it could be my last.

Genesis 9:16 - "Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."

Remember Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: