Thursday 19 November 2009

Stop and count


With all this hectic rain we have been having in KwaZulu Natal it is easy to start complaining about the weather. Admittedly, it does feel as if we are living in Europe, but we know that this weather is totally unseasonal. The sun will appear soon!

I find that when I start to whinge and complain about stuff, that I need to STOP and make a conscious effort to count all the blessings I have in my life - things that are wonderful, despite the weather.

Why don't you take a few moments to do the same. Here is a blank list of 5 - think of 5 people or things that you want to be thankful for today:

1. _______________
2. _______________
3. _______________
4. _______________
5. _______________

Allow these people (and things) to be the starting point of your prayer today.

"Count your blessings, name them one by one..." - Johnson Oatman Jnr.

"My cup overflows with blessings" - Psalm 23:5

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: