Thursday 4 February 2010

Does God Speak?


So, here is the million dollar question for today?

Does God Speak?

The Bible clearly says, "YES!" Many Christians say, "YES!" I say "YES!"

BUT.....
...let me be honest and say that I haven't actually heard God's voice, but I am convinced that God has spoken to me. That sounds weird hey?
Let me clarify.

Although I have never 'heard' God speak audibly to me, I have heard God speak to me through the following means...
1. Scripture
2. Another Christ-follower
3. Through the gentle whisper of the Holy Spirit


If you have ever received a letter (or email) from someone you care about then you will be able to understand that they have 'spoken' to you, although you may have not heard their voice.

Dallas Willard - "How lonely life is! Oh, we can get by in life with a God who does not speak. Many at least think they do so. But it is not much of a life, and it is certainly not the life God intends for us or the abundance of life Jesus came to make available."

The Mighty One, God, the LORD, speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to the place where it sets. - Psalm 50:1

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

P.S. Thanks for photo

No comments: