Monday 15 March 2010

The Gospel according to the 3 Billy goats gruff!


Yes, I have lost the plot, but just bear with me.
I was helping Declan read his school book this evening - it was 'The Three billy goats gruff' - do you remember that book? Anyway, as he was reading a weird thought came into my mind - "This links up with the Gospel in a powerful way!" Let me tell you why I think so...

The nasty troll had made everyone afraid of crossing over the bridge to the sweet green grass on the other side. However, the 3 Billy goats changed that forever! It was the third Billy goat who rammed the ugly troll into the river (never to be seen again) and from that day on everyone freely crossed over the bridge - no more fear, no more troll!

So, even though the devil thinks that he can scare us from crossing over into eternity, we must remember that Jesus has booted him into the Abyss. He has no more hold over us and Jesus is our Saviour.

What do you think of that?
(Ok, please don't lambaste my bad theological reflection, but think about it!)

Revelation 20:3 - He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended.

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: