Tuesday 2 March 2010

Listening to the voice of God


How hard is it for you to hear from God?
Come on now, don't evade the question!
... give yourself a score between 0 and 10.

I know that honesty hurts sometimes, but if we admit that it is hard to hear from God then maybe we can get to the root of the reasons for this.

Russel Norman (one of our Young Adults from Wesley) preached an awesome sermon on Sunday where he reminded us that one the reasons we fail to hear from God is 'Busyness.' He is spot on!

For me, when I am busy running around doing 'things for God', I end up being distracted and then slowly cutting out God's voice.

"I think God's going to come down and pull civilization over for speeding." ~ Steven Wright

Is this what happened to Solomon and David? Were they so busy running their Kingdom's 'for God' that they stopped listening to God for direction?

What do you think about 'busyness' and hearing God's voice?

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

1 comment:

Unknown said...

From another South African living "Oceans Apart" from you: yes busyness will definitely limit our ability to hear from God.

I like the title of your book too.

www.godandemail.com