Tuesday 11 May 2010

Fears


Firstly, let me thank you for taking part in yesterday's 'riddle.' There were many people who replied to the challenge and, so far, everyone has got it right. Yes, the answer was Samson and you can find the riddle in Judges 14:14.

I was giving Declan a little pep talk the other day in the car - he was playing a soccer match in the afternoon and I was trying to encourage him to have fun and to do his best. Suddenly, he says to me, "Dad, I'm not afraid of losing you know!" Well, I was speechless! I wasn't insisting that he HAD to win the match, I was just trying to get him focused. Clearly, he had already made up his mind that he was going to have fun, but that he wasn't 'afraid of losing!'

I have been struck recently with the number of people that are afraid of various things. While fear is common amongst humans, we all end up struggling with different fears (and or phobia's). So what are you afraid of? If you are keen to share your fears, please go here and follow the link. It will take you 20 seconds.

I know I have written on this before, but it still seems relevant:

Psalm 46:2 - "Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea..."

Jeremiah 39:17 - "But I will rescue you on that day, declares the LORD; you will not be handed over to those you fear."

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: