Wednesday 19 May 2010

I've got the Sun in my hands


There is a catchy song getting a lot of airplay at the moment. It's sung by Locnville and the chorus goes like this:

I’ve got the sun in my pocket and the moon in hands
I throw it up amongst the stars and watch it move in a dance
Sometimes I stop and play it over again
With a smooth breeze blowing, flowing closer within, hey.


It is an interesting concept for humanity to consider that we are bigger than God. I am not saying that the band wanted to send that message out, but the lyrics 'sun in my pocket and moon in hands' are strikingly reminiscent of the attitudes of many political leaders, sports stars and actors. Fame and prestige may make us feel like gods, but it is only fleeting and then we one day wake up to the words of Job...

"He fills his hands with lightning and commands it to strike its mark.
His thunder announces the coming storm."
- Job 36:32-33

There is only one God.

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

P.S. I still like the song - it's catchy! Awesome photo from here

2 comments:

Rob Blair said...

Insightful and reflective. Is this not the very condition of mankind. We replaced God in hopes of being gods ourselves. Sin entered the world and we have been doing the same thing ever since.

~Pastor Rob Blair
www.setamark.com

Delme Linscott said...

Thanks for the comments Rob.
Blessings to you in your ministry.
Delme