Monday 17 May 2010

World Cup Tickets


Today was a significant day for me. I finally got to see my World Cup Soccer tickets and to hold them in my own hands! As a kid I dreamt of one day attending a World Cup Soccer event and I can't believe that my dream will be a reality in just over 3 weeks. I feel like a big 'kid' again.

Have there been some things that you have dreamt about for years and then you have finally got to experience your dream? What was it like? Was it worth the wait?

Sometimes I dream about "Heaven" like this, and I wonder if we will be disappointed that our imaginations have over-glamorised it. Then I realise, there is just no way Heaven will be disappointing. God will be there & whatever Heaven actually looks like, it will be truly incredible.

"No eye has seen,
No ear has heard,
No mind can know,
What God has in store..."
- 1 Corinthians 2:9

I am hoping that the World Cup Soccer is not a disappointment!
I am convinced that Heaven will be AWESOME!

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

3 comments:

Pete Lange said...

delme - so cool you get to go to the world cup. i'm very happy for you - but be careful, there are reports of possible terror threats.
i know god will protect you!

Delme Linscott said...

Thanks Pete,
Praying that all will be well.
Blessings
Delme

Brett Teichmann said...

Hi Delme,

I won a ticket through my work which they made a big fuss about in a big meeting, only to hear now that they actually failed to buy the tickets? So now their promise of a ticket has fallen short. So it looks like I missed out. But big up for you, I think it is a once in a life time opportunity that anyone who can get a ticket, should take! As for the terror threats, I always say that you can't live life in fear, otherwise it will cloud your focus on God. God protects us and if he knows everything. Oh and by the way, I was fortunate enough to go on the tour of the stadium recently, absolutely magnificent!!! I was a sceptic, but it is a true achievement. Apparently voted no. 1 in SA and no. 5 in the world. Enjoy it for all of us non attendants. :)