Tuesday 13 July 2010

Planning to fail?


Chris Brogan wrote a great post yesterday about planning. Of course 'planning' in the corporate world goes without saying and people who don't plan will fail miserably. Sometimes Christians feel that too much 'planning' in the Church is a hindrance to the Holy Spirit, but I disagree. If our lives are surrendered to the will of God and open to the guidance of the Spirit, then surely God leads us whilst we are planning for Church events.

What about planning time in the day to spend in devotion or prayer? What about planning and praying over themes to discuss in Cell groups, Kids Church, Sermons and worship teams? Of course, we need to make sure that our planning is not loaded with our human agenda's, but I strongly feel that the only way I can be accountable in my walk with God is to plan some things.

In my experience, if I don't plan a day retreat for myself once every 6 months (for example), then I am actually planning to fail in my spiritual life - harsh, but true for me!

Even God plans....

Isaiah 19:17 - "And the land of Judah will bring terror to the Egyptians; everyone to whom Judah is mentioned will be terrified, because of what the LORD Almighty is planning against them."

And what about Jesus? Do we think that God just made it up as He went along? No! Jesus was God's plan of Salvation & redemption for the world!

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: