Sunday 12 September 2010

Pray Continually


This morning we wrestled in Church! No, it's not what you are thinking - we weren't doing any WWF style wrestling. We wrestled with Paul's comments in 1 Thessalonians 5:17 - "Pray continuously" (or pray without ceasing)

One of the ways we can begin to do this is to allow our lives to be 'interrupted' by a call to pray! If Jesus centred his life around his times of Prayer, then we would do well to try and follow his example. So how then?

This is my suggestion: Set your alarm on your phone or watch to go off 3 times in the day (you choose when) and when you hear it go off take this as a call to prayer. Try and stop for a minute and pray something. If you don't know what to pray start with the Lord's prayer (Matthew 6).

I dare you. See what happens.

By the way, thanks for keeping me company on this adventure of daily blogging. Today is my 500th post. Your accountability keeps me going. Be Blessed.

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: