Tuesday 5 October 2010

Protection misunderstood!


Josh came with me to fetch his brothers from school today. As he was trying to cross the road I stopped him from running across and he got upset with me.
"I want to go, Daddy."
I tried to tell him that I was only protecting him from being run over, but he misunderstood my protection. He thought I was messing up his fun, but I was showing my love for him, by looking out for him.

Do we do the same with God? Do we get angry with God when he stops us from doing something, misunderstanding his 'NO' as his desire to mess up with our lives.

Psalm 5:11 - But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

Next time God says 'No' stop and think that perhaps he is protecting us from major harm.

Just thinking!

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: