Monday 15 November 2010

Tests and Exams


I have just finished marking my students exams (I am still teaching Church History at the Seminary) and it has been an interesting exercise. While I always want to be fair in my marking there is always a set standard that one has to mark from. For example, in a past year a student left out 2 questions (out of 4) in a final exam. No matter how graceful I was feeling there was just no way I was able to pass this student - there was not enough evidence on the paper. Thankfully this didn't happen this year:)

By the way, it seems that 'tests' in the Scriptures were meant to be helpful for us. Look at this verse...

Exodus 20:20 - Moses said to the people, “Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning.”

If Jesus had to give you a mark for being 'Disciples' how do you think you would score? How do we match up to God's expectations?

Deuteronomy 11:32 - "...be sure that you obey all the decrees and laws I am setting before you today."

For those of you still writing, please know that you are in my prayers. God be with you.

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: