Monday 24 January 2011

After the invasion


Well, I am still alive, despite the recent attacks from cyber viruses. Thanks for the messages of support and prayer. I appreciate the thoughts.

Just an interesting comment on all of this - my devotion for this morning used Matthew 24 as the focal passage. Hidden in this chapter are these words:
"If the owner of the house had known at what time the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and wouldn't have let his house be broken into." (v.43) - If I had known the virus was going to destroy everything I would have been more vigilant, but 'would have' is not good enough now. I have learnt my lesson.

However, this passage carries on to say, "So, you must also be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him." (v.44) What do you make of that? We can't keep putting off our response to Jesus until a later date, because we may be taken by surprise. Christ's return is not written on our calendar's, but we do know that He will come again.
Worth thinking about?

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

If we have been in touch via email, please can I ask you to send me an email so I can start patching up my email contacts. Thanks. Send it to this new address: delmelinscott@gmail.com

2 comments:

Phil Davies said...

Living as I do off crime (or the results thereoff),suppling security gates etc I often have to deal with families after trauma. The children suffer the most after break ins!

So while you have my every sympathy, at least your boys were not directly affected. (Grumpy dad maybe!)

Delme Linscott said...

That is so true Phil - I have been looking at things with a different perspective lately.
Blessings
Delme