Tuesday 29 March 2011

"Just" pray


I am ashamed to admit that I showed how weak my faith is today. I was speaking with someone about the difficult situation they were facing and this is what I said:
"I don't know what else to do for you, but pray!"

I said this because I felt I had no good advice for this particular person and that I genuinely felt that only God could give them courage and wisdom. However, my lack of faith, is in the way I said, "I can just pray." It was almost as if this was the lesser option. Immediately as I said this the Holy Spirit prompted me - "Delme, remember how powerful prayer is!" I felt ashamed.

Prayer is not something we 'just' do when all else fails. Prayer is the power by which God transforms our lives and radically empowers us. Prayer invites the Spirit of God to work in the midst of our hopeless situations.

I urge us all to pray like something will happen. Be blessed.

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: