Wednesday 20 April 2011

Overwhelmed


Have you felt overwhelmed recently? I felt like that today. We are trying to sort out visa's for our Sabbatical and it seems that every step forward is met with 3 steps backwards. Every time we get the correct documents, we realise we need more documents. Every time I breathe a sigh of relief, I am met by another obstacle. So, with everything piling up, I felt overwhelmed.

Then, the spirit slowly reminded me of how Jesus felt in the Garden of Gethsemane. He was alone and I am sure he felt overwhelmed. He prayed so hard that he sweated blood - that's certainly on the road to feeling consumed. However, in the end Jesus prayed a prayer of relinquishment and trust in his Father.... "Not my will, but yours be done!"

I know I need to do the same.
What about you?

"Tears and sweat and heartache have always been the most potent ingredients of a vagabonds prayer." - Steven James

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: