Thursday 29 September 2011

Teresa of Avila


I never quote people because I want to glorify them, but I recognise that often God has given them a deeply profound insight that blesses me. Teresa of Avila is one of the Christian Mystics who has inspired millions of people. Her 'success' is only founded in her love of Jesus. Read some of her insights that I have quoted below:


“To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.”

“There are more tears shed over answered prayers than over unanswered prayers.”

“Let nothing disturb thee; Let nothing dismay thee; All thing pass; God never changes. Patience attains All that it strives for. He who has God Finds he lacks nothing: God alone suffices.”

“It is love alone that gives worth to all things.”

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: