Monday 28 November 2011

Life is fragile


I don't know what to say about it, too be honest, but I just feel I need to try and write something. I heard the news of Gary Speed's death yesterday and was shocked. Another person who had everything going for them - a awesome family, a brilliant career and a huge support base - yet Gary took his own life. We don't have any answers as yet, but it seems that he may have been struggling with dperession. There are thousands of people who choose suicide every year, yet it still leaves me feeling numbed when I read these stories.

Another footballer, Stan Collymore, wrote of his struggle with depression in this post. Christian writers Jeff Lucas and Adrian Plass have also struggled with depression. Singers, authors, musicians, politicians, actors, rich, poor, young and old - many people struggle with depression. In this season of peace and goodwill, it is still common for us to feeling overwhelmed and desperate. But, I believe in the hope of Advent - the hope that Christ can make a difference.

May Jesus truly bring His light and hope into our lives this Christmas - even if we don't have all the answers.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: