Sunday 26 February 2012

God is with us


Sometimes I need to be reminded of a familiar story, in order for me to remember a great truth. The poem "Footprints in the sand" has been around for a long time and I used it in a sermon today, but the message in these words speaks volumes to us all. May you be blessed through these words:


One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.  
 Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.                   
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.                        
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,                           
 other times there were one set of footprints.                                     
This bothered me because I noticed                                
 that during the low periods of my life,                              
when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat,                     
 I could see only one set of footprints.            
 So I said to the Lord,      
 "You promised me Lord,  that if I followed you,              
you would walk with me always.                    
But I have noticed that during                           
the most trying periods of my life                                  
there have only been one set of footprints in the sand.     
 Why, when I needed you most,  were you not there for me?"                                    
The Lord replied, "The times when you have seen only one set of footprints,  is when I carried you."

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: