Thursday 11 October 2012

It left a mark

This morning I brought one of the boys a cup of tea, as he lay in our bed. Later on I noticed that some of the tea had split over my bedside table and I was a little bleak. I was about to say something, but decided to hold my tongue for a second. So, while counting to ten, I began cleaning up the mess. As I wiped the tea off the table I picked up the coaster and noticed that the tea had left a mark on the table - not just any mark, but a "heart-shaped" mark.
I quietly smiled to myself. At least his mess had left a good mark on the table:)

We are all 'marked' by life - sometimes we don't get to choose the mark that is left on us, but often we can have an influence on that mark. It doesn't have to be permanent.

With Christ in our lives, we can know that the Spirit 'marks' us with all that necessary for Life. God places his Spirit in us, so that we can enjoy the fullness of Life. What marks are showing on your spiritual life at the moment?

"...So that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity." - 1 Timothy 2:2

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: