Sunday 27 January 2013

I can't decide for you



I can't make a decision for you - you will have to step up and make a decision by yourself. 
I am talking about choosing to follow God in 2013. 
Jesus invites us all to join him and to be part of his movement, but he never forces us to reply to the invitation.

Even though I may not be able to decide for you, I need to tell you that I have chosen to follow Jesus...God can count me in. 

We have chosen to echo the words of Joshua - 

“But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” - Joshua 24:15

Let me know what your decision is sometime....thanks.

"To follow Jesus implies that we enter into a way of life that is given character and shape and direction by the one who calls us. To follow Jesus means picking up rhythms and ways of doing things that are often unsaid but always derivative from Jesus, formed by the influence of Jesus. To follow Jesus means that we can't separate what Jesus is saying from what Jesus is doing and the way that he is doing it. To follow Jesus is as much, or maybe even more, about feet as it is about ears and eyes" - The Way of Jesus, Eugene H. Peterson.



Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: