Monday 18 February 2013

Are you Listening, Lord? - Lent 5



Does God hear our prayers? 

Well, David certainly believed that God heard our prayers - that's why in Psalm 5 he cries out to the
Lord:

"Listen to my words,  Lord , consider my lament. Hear my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray." - (Psalm 5:1, 2)

I am sure that David's confidence in God's ability to hear our prayers stems from his personal experiences of God responding to his previous prayers. He confidently says: "you hear my voice..." (Psalm 5:3)

For me, it is not that God doesn't hear our prayers, but sometimes we wrestle with the fact that God replies in ways that confuse us. 

Yes!
No!
Wait!

All three of these answers can come from God's lips. We just need to trust in each answer.

  • "Praying in faith is not an inner conviction that God will act according to our desires if only we believe hard enough.  It involves believing that God will always respond to our prayers in accord with his nature, his purposes, and his promises."- Alvin VanderGriend


So, is God hearing your prayers and what is he saying?

Living in Grace
D3LM3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

constantly i used to rеaԁ smаllеr
posts thаt as well clеar their motivе, аnd that is аlsο happening with this аrtіcle which I аm reading at this
place.

Аlso visit my web blog; augenoperation