Sunday 17 February 2013

How are you sleeping? - Lent 4



How do you sleep at night? (…please don’t tell me, “with my eyes closed!”)

Do you sleep Peacefully?

…Restlessly?

In Psalm 4, David concludes his thoughts by saying: “I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.” (v.8)

He sleeps in peace because he has learnt to place his trust in God and he is convinced that the Lord helps him dwell in places of safety. I am convinced that David only gets to this place in his life, because he has endured nights of restlessness and insomnia. We often recognise the gift of ‘peaceful sleep’ after months of no sleep. 

Perhaps this is why he says in verse 4, “In your anger do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent.” David spent too many nights dwelling on anger and bitterness, so now sleep is a tremendous gift to him.

So, tell me again, “how are you sleeping?”

Be at peace.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Monԁаy night is pizzа nіght at
our houѕe, with Mom's homemade vegetable pizza at the top of the list of favorites. I can't eхactly remembeг
why--mаybe it waѕ peer pressure fгom our health-driven community, who knows.
Fоr several weeκs I had been seeing thіѕ commеrcial on teleѵision telling
аbout a new pіzza and sincе I
love pizza I decided to puгchasе one
οn my nеxt ѕhoppіng trіp.


Review my blog poѕt ... pizza pan ashtabula