Wednesday 20 February 2013

Judge me - Lent 7


The issue of judgement is a hot topic at the moment, especially surrounding the Oscar Pistorius case. I will reserve my comments on the matter for another day, but in today's Psalm David makes a strange request. He asks God to judge the people and then to judge himself.

"Let the assembled people gather around you. Rule over them from on high; 
let the Lord judge the peoples.
Judge me, O Lord,
according to my righteousness,
according to my integrity,
O most high." - Psalm 7:7-8

That's a bold prayer to pray.

"Judge me, O Lord. See if there are any offensive things in my life. Help me to be right and holy in your sight."

Would you be willing to pray that prayer?

"Failure is not a single, cataclysmic event. You don't fail overnight. Instead, failure is a few errors in judgement, repeated every day. " - Jim Rohn

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: