Monday 4 February 2013

What's your Creed?

A Creed is simply a statement of faith. The Christian Church has adopted two main creeds over the past 2 millenia - The Nicene Creed and the Apostles Creed - and both state what we believe in as Christ followers. Sadly, churches have misplaced our emphasis nowadays and we are more concerned about what our particular tradition or denomination stands for. Our Christian Creed, has been hijacked by denominational doctrine. We should be careful not to get these mixed up, lest we lose our way.

I love this quote, by Charles Spurgeon, who commented on this particular topic:

"I am never ashamed to avow myself a Calvinist; I do not hesitate to take the name of Baptist; but if I am asked what is my creed, I reply, "It is Jesus Christ."~ C.H. Spurgeon

Whatever Church you worship at, please don't forget that our Creed should always place priority on Jesus Christ. He is the reason for our existence as a church in the first place.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: