Wednesday 20 March 2013

And - Lent 28


There is so much power in the 3 letter word 'AND' - It has the ability to turn a sentence on it's head or alter the entire feeling of a verse. Take Psalm 28:7 as a starter:

"...my heart trusts in him, AND I am helped."

It is one thing to proclaim that we trust in God, but it adds incredible weight to our proclamation when we can respond - "AND I am helped!" God is not just sitting back on a deck chair smiling at our attempts to trust in him, but God is desperate to offer us help and grace. Salvation and redemption are God's clear way of revealing how he desires to help us.

May you know the tangible help of God's spirit today.

Here are a few more 'AND' gems for you...

Genesis 1:31 - "God saw all that he had made, and it was very good."

Hebrews 12:1 - "And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us..."

John 14:3 - "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me.."

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: