Friday 29 March 2013

Answered prayers - Lent 35

Wake up! Rise to my defense! Take up my case, my God and my Lord. Declare me not guilty, O Lord my God, for you give justice. Don’t let my enemies laugh about me in my troubles. (Psalms 35:23, 24 NLT)

All of the prayers of David are answered in the Easter story. Jesus arises in the midst of our sin and defends us against the onslaught of evil. He takes up our case with his Father and pleads our innocence. Through Jesus' death on the cross our sins are paid for and we are declared "Not Guitly!"

That is an amazing answer to prayer.
The cross answers many a prayer.
The cross proves to be God's unique message of love.

Let us thank God for the gift of the cross. As cruel as it was, for Jesus, it ultimately blessed us with new life and freedom from sin.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: