Thursday 29 August 2013

Fire warning

"If you play with fire, you can expect to get burnt!"

I heard this saying again today and it was pretty good timing. You see the Weather Bureau sent out a Fire warning (today), asking people to be extremely careful with fires - the weather conditions are 'perfect' for fires to spread and cause major destruction.

The Bible can act as a fire warning sometimes too. God shows his care for us, in trying to steer us away from harm. God knows that if we begin to play with 'fire' then there is every chance we are going to get hurt. Sadly, many of us don't listen to his advice and we go ahead with a own plans. In the end, we still come back to God and complain that we got burnt.

"My son, pay attention to my wisdom, turn your ear to my words of insight," - Proverbs 5:1

"Better a poor but wise youth than an old but foolish king who no longer knows how to heed a warning." - Ecclesiastes 4:13

"To whom can I speak and give warning? Who will listen to me? Their ears are closed so they cannot hear." - Jeremiah 6:10

Let's be aware that 'fire' can be a dangerous thing. It can harm us, as well as others we love.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: