Tuesday 10 September 2013

Spring surprises

The season of Spring never ceases to amaze me. I think what is the biggest wonder of it all (for me), is how trees, shrubs, vines and plants, that all looked dead, suddenly show signs of life. I know that this has been going on for millennia, but I am still surprised by it all.

It teaches me never to judge a person by what I see - they may look spent and finished, but there could be some brilliance lying deep inside. Even more so, Spring teaches me that God is never done! When life looks like it has sucked the life out of me (or you), it could just be time to rest and allow God's spirit to work deep inside of me. When the 'season' is ready, that's when God will allow the signs of new life to appear.

So, here is my encouragement for you today. Don't give up on God. Don't give up on yourself and please don't give up on people that seem to be finished. Imagine if God had given up on us, when we were finished or nearly done? Thankfully, God created Spring - it is God's way of saying: "I believe in second chances and new life!"

"You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming." - Pablo Neruda

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: