Monday 21 October 2013

Sleepless nights

"I lie awake thinking of you, meditating on you through the night. 
Because you are my helper, I sing for joy in the shadow of your wings. 
 I cling to you; your strong right hand holds me securely." - Psalm 63:6-8

What keeps you awake at night?
Is it troubles or thoughts of the future?
Is it complicated relationships or issues with your friends?
Do you stress about the country or your personal finances?
Do you wonder about life, death and faith?

If some of these things keep you awake at night, why don't you try King David's solution. He meditated on the things of God - he remembered that he could rest secure in the shadow of God's wing. It is much easier getting to sleep, when we surrender our worries to God. He never sleeps or slumbers, so why not ask God to keep your anxious thoughts for you? Surely, it's worth a try.

Living in Grace
D3LM3


No comments: