Monday 18 November 2013

Remember me

In his final chapter, Nehemiah makes an interesting appeal to God. He asks God to remember all that he (Nehemiah) has done and to show him mercy. Nehemiah had done an amazing job of rallying the Israelites to rebuild the broken walls of Jerusalem. His leadership had been par excellence and yet he seemed a little insecure in his position with God. This is what he prayed:

"Remember me for this..." - 13:14

"Remember me for this also, O my God, & show mercy to me according to your great love." - 13:22

"Remember me with favour, O my God." - 13:31

I am convinced that Nehemiah has a special place in heaven and I know that God remembered everything that he did. In a similar way, I believe that God remembers each one of us and he knows us by name.

Don't let your despondency turn you away from Jesus. He remembers you!

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: