Wednesday 23 April 2014

Pass it on

Yesterday I mentioned that the first words Jesus spoke to the group of disciples in the upper room were, "Peace be with you" (John 20:19). Well, today I want to take this further and mention that the second thing he says is pretty much the same, except it has another statement attached to it. He says:

“Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” (John 20:21 NIV)

Jesus reminds them of his mission - "sent by my Father" and that their mission was now "to be sent." The disciples would have understood what he was saying - Jesus had now passed on the baton to them and they were to take the message of Grace and Mercy to the whole world.

The challenge for all Christ-followers is to hear these same words spoken to us today. We have a job to do - we need to take the message of the Gospel and pass it on. Are you willing to take up the challenge?

Living in grace
D3LM3

No comments: