Thursday 8 May 2014

When I am weak, then I am strong

"That is why for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." - 2 Corinthians 12:10

This passage has always intrigued me. How easy was it for Paul to write, "... I delight in hardships... in difficulties... ?" I mean, who actually likes going through times of trial and pain? I am yet to meet someone who thinks these things are nice.

Perhaps it is the collective years of wisdom that reminds Paul that when we are at our weakest, God's power has the perfect chance to shine the strongest. God's presence in our lives can turn any weakness into a strength.

Thank you Lord for standing alongside us, even when we are weak. Your strength makes me strong!

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: