Saturday 2 August 2014

Worn out from over use

I saw a funny thing today. As I was paying an account at one of the local shops, I noticed that the keyboard had hand-written numbers stuck onto the top of the original keys. It looked a little weird, but I guess it does the job. I asked the attendant why they had done this and he just laughed, "because we use it so much!"

There were a number of things that struck me about this keyboard and the comment from the clerk.

1.  In a 'throw away' age, it was nice to see someone recycling an old keyboard.
2. It is good to see that something lasts longer than a few months - a lot of modern gadgets aren't built to last very long.
3. It made me think about how much we use our bibles. Wouldn't it be nice to 'patch' up our bibles, because they showed 'wear and tear' from over use?
4. How much time do I spend reading God' word compared to using my computer/Ipad/phone etc?

Mmmmmh, makes me think we need to spend a little more time 'wearing' out the Word. You?


Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: