Tuesday 9 September 2014

Sharing the load

I was reminded again this morning of the importance of community. We meet at McCafe every Tuesday morning at 6am for coffee and a devotion. The group of guys that meet together range in ages, work experience, family situations, years of faith and so on. The one thing that we all have in common is a deep desire to be real in our Christian lives. We seek to be accountable to God and to each other. We don't want our faith just to be a "one hour Sunday thing", but rather to be an integral part of our existence. We are all far from perfect, but we know that we don't have to be perfect for God to love us.


The gift of meeting with other believers is that we get to share the load together. If I am feeling weak this week, I know that I can lean on my 'brothers in Christ'. If one of my friends is struggling this week, I allow them to lean on me - it is all about community and grace.

Who do you share your Christian experience with? Are you part of a small group or do you have spiritual friends who keep you on the right track? If you find that you are going it alone at the moment, I urge you to find a group to join. Community moves us out of our comfort zones into a place of deeper growth and accountability.

Philippians 2:1-3 - "Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves."

 "God has given us two hands - one to receive with and the other to give with. We are not cisterns made for hoarding; we are channels made for sharing." -Billy Graham


Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: