Monday 1 December 2014

I made a mistake

For some reason my blogs have had a little bit of a hiccup of late - I thought I had sent them, but they were all in the "draft" column of the posts. I suppose it could just be the operator error - I am getting older you know :)

But, this brings me to one of my pet bug-bears... why can't we as people just admit that we make mistakes? Why do we always have to find something/someone else to blame? It is not as if we don't realise that we are imperfect. We know that we are fallible, but it seems that we have trouble admitting this to the rest of the world. Is it really that hard to say...

"I made a mistake. I am sorry!"

Advent is about remembering the coming of Jesus. It is also about reflecting on our inability to save ourselves. We all need to be rescued and offered another chance at life. We need to reflect on the fact that we can never be perfect in this lifetime (...which is hard for us perfectionists to admit).

Advent reminds me that Christ comes into our midst knowing that we are sinners, yet still offering us his grace and mercy (Romans 5:8).

"All of us have become like one who is unclean,
and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags..." - Isaiah 64:6

"Yet O' Lord, you are our Father,
We are the clay,
you are the potter,
we are all the work of your hand." - Isaiah 64:8

As we journey deeper into this season of Advent may we not be scared to admit that we all make mistakes. God knows our frailties and he offers to rescue us from our sins.

Living in Grace
D3LM3


No comments: