Friday 13 March 2015

Pressing in close - Lent #15

Sometimes when our kids are sick they love to jump into bed and snuggle up to us. It doesn't happen as much any more, but on the odd occasion we notice they still like to do it. I believe it has to do with 'the human touch' - when we are not feeling great we need the comfort of another person. It doesn't change our situation, but somehow it makes our illness seem bearable.

So when we are feeling spiritually 'out of sorts', why do we not do the same with Jesus? Why is it that we tend to withdraw from his presence instead of pressing into God's care? I recognise that we can't 'feel' God in the same way as we can experience the touch of another human being, but we can still rest in His presence. God is definitely there for us, in every situation - we need to believe in that promise.

Psalm 73:28 - "But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds."

Proverbs 17:17 - "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity."

Living in Grace
D3LM3


No comments: